Ever feel like you missed a class on how to have a romantic relationship? Do you feel like you will never be allowed into the prestigious club known as plus one? Have you felt that going on a normal date seems to be a long shot? If so then you will love this blog. Hi I'm Dave and I am a survivor of the New York dating scene. This is the story of a socially inept geeky sweet guy on a quest to find love and a decent set of glasses...whatever comes first.

Monday, October 1, 2012

Now For Something Completely Different!

When Texting goes wrong


A few months ago I had an incident that I think could have been avoided. Let me give you the details. Once upon a time Sir Dave of Bronxicus asked for fair maiden who we shall call Betty. Sir Dave found Lady Betty attractive enough to ask on yonder movie of Total Rekal. 'twas a horrible film but much enjoyable time was had by all. 


Now that you know that then we can proceed. Betty was the type of person who preferred to speak via text. This would be reason #15342 why I hate texting. It started out okay (always does) but then the following scenario came about. She had to cancel our second date because she had to visit family. She told me she felt really bad about this. So I responded which was my fatal error. I said something I say to everyone both male and female friends. It was...


"Aw man that sucks, I miss ya man"


That's it. That's all it took to freak out a thirty year old woman. Because what she interpreted instead was....


"Oh no! I miss you! I love you! Please I beg you stay Betty! Have my babies! Marry me! Just stay...staaaaaaay with me please!


So suddenly when I don't hear from her and ask what's up. I get the I feel to much pressure speech. So I reply...


"No worries, sorry I freaked you out"


Oh boy did that hit a nerve because suddenly I'm getting texts about how she didn't freak out, she felt pressured and in the future how I shouldn't do that blah di di blah blah

This pisses me off. Why can't you admit you are freaking out?! Why do you have to qualify it with words like pressured or terms like not feeling it. Dude own your shit. It's okay to be freaked. Why are so many people afraid of admitting that? 


Anyway we ended it on relatively good turns. She didn't want a friendship with me which I get. I think it's arrogant and stupid move. But I get it. She thinks I'm a freak who will stalk her in the street. Shes wrong of course but it's her opinion and you have to respect it.


Still this is why texting as a main form of communication should be banned. So idiots like me don't freak out girls by making jack asses of ourselves or sending pictures of your penis but that's a whole other post.

1 comments:

mypixieblog said...

Oh, wow. Uhm, I totally don't understand this meltdown that she had. I really don't get what set off the alarm in her head, but if I had received this I would've thought, "awww, that's cool. He obviously enjoyed going out and wants to see me again." END.OF.STORY.

A bit of unsolicited advice? You are better off without; sounds as though she's a bit of a drama queen.

And hey, at least it makes for a good dating story, right? :)

Post a Comment