Ever feel like you missed a class on how to have a romantic relationship? Do you feel like you will never be allowed into the prestigious club known as plus one? Have you felt that going on a normal date seems to be a long shot? If so then you will love this blog. Hi I'm Dave and I am a survivor of the New York dating scene. This is the story of a socially inept geeky sweet guy on a quest to find love and a decent set of glasses...whatever comes first.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

 

The French Toast Saga
Part Five - The Silver Lining


As I laid in the darkness, I sighed loudly.

“What’s wrong?” Rosa said as she leaned back in the recliner next to mine.

“I’m just bored” I replied trying to ignore the fact that a hot girl was sleeping next to me.

Rosa then turned and faced me. It was then that I realized how stunning this girl was. Even in the darkness I could see clear as day that this girl was radiant.

“What’s on your mind?” Rosa said innocently, I stared at her brown eyes and tried, not to swoon.

The frat boy in me suddenly appeared in my mind.

SEX! SEX! TALK ABOUT SEX! He screamed.


I punched him in the balls and ignored him. I was not going to make the same mistakes I had made following his ideas.

But how did I wind up sleeping next to such an extraordinary girl?

After the convention, we headed to Rosas house. We had a quick bite to eat and then stopped at Wallgreens to pick up some tooth brushes. Casey tried to make me buy her make up, but I refused. To her horror, she was forced to buy her own make up. Seeing Caseys face while she was paying the cashier for the items she bought, was the most rewarding event of my week.

Rosa lived in a quaint, quiet neighborhood on top of a hill. Her house was  unusually cozy. She had two cats that where exceptionally friendly and her family was particularly welcoming. She led us to the basement that had been converted to a game room. There was a sofa and two recliners. I quickly jumped on the sofa, ready to claim it. I placed my things on it clearly marking my territory. But Casey was like Germany, she did not recognize international law. When I came out of the bathroom, I found my items in the corner of the room, while Casey was quickly snoring away on the couch.

“You can sleep next to me” Rosa said innocently as she sat in one of the twin recliners.

Oh yeah man! Score! The frat boy in my head said motioning for a high five. I ignored him trying to remember why I had listened to him in the first place.

“Okay” I gulped and climbed into the recliner next to her. It was then that I discovered that I would not be getting any sleep. The problem was not Rosa but rather that every time I laid down, the chair would bounce me back up again. I felt like the inflatable clown punching bag.

So there I was in the darkness with a stunning woman lying next to me.

I was a wreck. What could I say to this woman that no man had ever told her? How could I make my mark?

“Do you think you would survive a zombie apocalypse? Or would you be zombie food?” I blurted out.

Rosa laughed “I would definitely be the leader of the survivors although I don’t think all my friends would make it. What about you?” she asked.

“Oh I would be dead” She let out a laugh once I said this. “I don’t know if you have noticed, but I have a bit of a weight problem. So I cant run real fast, hence easy target”

“Really?” she said with a smile. Oh that smile was divine.

“Yeah but I would sacrifice myself to save my friends. Only they would have to kill me when I turned into a zombie.” I replied earnestly.

And this was the type of conversation we had all night. We talked about comedy, about our families, our love lives, and before you knew it, the sun was rising. It's unquestionably one of the best conversations I have had in my life. Which is why I decided to do the following.

“Hey Rosa, can I tell you something” I asked timidly.

“Sure” she replied.

“Your smoking hot and all, but I truly just want to be friends” I said with every truth in my being.

“No one has ever said that to me” Rose said shocked.

“Well what do you say, friends?” I said extending my hand.

“Friends” Rosa said shaking my hand with a smile on her face. I am happy to report that we are still friends to this day. Rosa has introduced me to her close friends who I now partake of their company from time to time.. I never thought I could have friendships as strong as the ones back home until I met Rosa. She was the silver lining in this dark time.

So we laughed and gabbed some more. Just having a real swell time.

And like the wet towel she is, Casey awoke and ruined everything.

“You guys are talking so loud” She whined. “What’s going on?”

“Um nothing I said. We are just talking” I replied.

“Im hungry. David can you make me French toast?” She said smiling. “David makes the best French Toast…”

It was then that I realized that this weekend would come to an explosive end….


0 comments:

Post a Comment