Ever feel like you missed a class on how to have a romantic relationship? Do you feel like you will never be allowed into the prestigious club known as plus one? Have you felt that going on a normal date seems to be a long shot? If so then you will love this blog. Hi I'm Dave and I am a survivor of the New York dating scene. This is the story of a socially inept geeky sweet guy on a quest to find love and a decent set of glasses...whatever comes first.

Friday, March 28, 2014

Cheesecake & The Pick Up Artist Part Three


I met Frankie D the next day at Runway 69. Located in the heart of Times Square, Runway 69 was one of the lower end strip clubs of the city. It catered to business men on leave from their wives and tourists from out of town who wanted to spice up their vacation. Frankie D sat in the back of the club away from the stage. He was wearing a white wrinkled short sleeved shirt which showed off his impressive collection of wristbands. His hair was slicked back and I could see the wrinkles under his eyes. I could tell he hadn’t slept much.

“Stripper game!” He announced. “I figured since you had such a hard time last night, it was time to change gears” He sat down after greeting me and took a sip of his fruity drink. I looked at Frankie D and thought about the show. Frankie D had come in third after failing to extract a stripper from the club into a waiting limo outside. I wondered if Frankie D had overcome his downfall.

I also reflected on my experience with strippers. It had been years since I set foot in a strip club. The fantasy of erotic dancers had been shattered long ago. When I worked as a driver back home and I would see them hustle drunken tourists out of their money. It killed any magic they had in my mind. Still I felt like I had let Frankie D down the night before and shrugged off my concerns.

“What you have to keep in mind about strippers is that their job is to game guys” Frankie D said. “So you have to be careful on how you game them, because you can tank yourself very easily

“So what do you do?” I asked.


Frankie D took another gulp of his drink. “Here are the rules” He said.

1) Keep your money in your pocket. Once you take out any money its business as usual for them and you won't be able to dig your way out of that hole.

2) Negs up front. You need to drag them down to your level fast because if not they will walk all over you.

3) Turn off her programming. She’s in work mode right now you need to get her to forget that she’s looking at her next mark.

4) Have a reason for being there. If she smells that you’re here to game then its all over and you have made the scene toxic.

5) Don’t let her touch you. They haven’t earned the right too yet.

I tried to digest this information when like blood in the water the sharks began to circle us. A cute busty blond made the first move and approached us. “Hey guys,she said as she walked near us. “What brings you here

Without missing a beat Frankie D replied “Where waiting for some friends

She licked her lips. I could tell she smelled fresh meat. “Well, can I join you?” she asked.

“Sure”, we both said in unison. Frankie D shot me a look that said to shut it. She tried to sit in Frankie D’s lap.

“Whoa! Whoa! Slow down turbo, you need to buy me a drink first if you're going to try to take advantage of me” Frankie D said pushing her off. She began to laugh as she sat down across from us. “What’s your name touchy?” Frankie D asked.

“Destiny” She replied.

“No, seriously what’s your real name? Frankie D said.

A moment of silence passed between them. It felt like they were somehow mentally arm wrestling. Finally Destiny sighed and said “It’s Jessica”

Frankie D smiled and said “Well it's nice to meet you Jessica." We introduced ourselves and for the next hour Frankie D tried to game her. He did magic tricks, he told jokes and threw negs left and right. She seemed to enjoy it, she laughed and flirted right back. Then as we were about to leave Frankie D said. “So why don’t you give me your e-mail? Next time I’m in town maybe we can get a drink

“Sure”, She said and she gave it to him and left. As we gathered our things Frankie D whispered to me “I didn’t get her number because I was afraid she would say no. It's easier to get her e-mail.” I remember wondering how much of a success did an e-mail warrant. I could get a strippers e-mail, it doesn’t mean she’s going to respond let alone meet me later on. But I brushed those concerns aside. I had spent a lot of money on Frankie D and I should be learning from him rather than questioning his skills.

Frankie D looked at me as I grabbed my coat. “Oh, Dave don’t forget to pick up the check,he said as he walked out the door. So much for keeping your money in your pocket.

To be continued

0 comments:

Post a Comment